http://breakfastandbible.blogspot.com/

Saints Alive

A forum for the exchange of opinions and information about the life of St. Joseph Ctholic Church in Plain City, Ohio.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Mass Schedule

Liturgy Committee recommended to Spiritual Life Committee the following change in Mass schedule:
Saturday 4:30 @ Church; Sunday 9:00 @ PAC followed by CCD; Sunday 11:00 @ Church; and Sunday 5:00 PM @ Church.

Note: Sunday 9:00 would be a Family Mass. Music by Folk Choir and Youth Choir. PAC will seat about 300 people. Opportunity for social following Mass, refreshments before CCD classes, etc. 8:30 Mass attendees will be most affected. What do you think?

Note: 5:00 PM Sunday Mass could be moved to PAC. Attendance is unknown. Who is interested? Who will attend?

Note: Seniors and handicap accessibility. I was asked about moving the 4:30 to the PAC. We would need a significant number of 4:30 people to be in favor of such a move. Would putting the 5:00 Sunday Mass in the PAC fill the need?

12 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just one person but my favorite Mass time is the 10:00 AM because it is not too early nor too late in the day. If you change the Mass to 9, 11 and 5, I will most likely attend the Saturday 4:30 PM or the Sunday 5 PM and that will work fine for me.

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also like the 10:00 mass as well (for the same reasons), but feel that with the current scheduling of CCD, the 9:00 and 11:00 mass times on Sunday mornings will work best. So, I plan on just going with the flow.

 
At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the 8:30. I am not sure what I would do if the schedule changes. The 9:00 with all the children, folk music, etc. would not be my choice. Can you offer a different choice like: 8:00 in Church and 9:30 or 10:00 for the CCD classes?

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My vote is to leave things the way they are and the masses at the church,not the PAC.

 
At 4:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THINK THE 10:00 MASS SHOULD BE LEFT ALONE. AND THE PAC SHOULD BE USED FOR WHAT IT WAS BUILD .

 
At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think leaving the 8:30 Mass and having CCD at 10 and follow with a 11 am Mass. This would give families ample time to get ready for CCD and still maintain a morning Mass in the church.

 
At 6:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also like the 8:30 adult mass and don't want to see it changed unless it is to 8:00. I'm concerned how many of our seniors don't have access to computers to provide electronic feedback.

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with those who wish to keep the 8:30 and moving the family mass to 11:00 am. Maybe moving CCD to a weeknight would be a good idea too.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Sarah Reinhard said...

A note for everyone: there are going to be surveys over the next two weekends (7/29-30 and 8/5-6) "hard copy" so that those who can't do electronic feedback are heard.

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to work on Sundays and the 8:30 mass fits my schedule. If the time of mass changes, I will have to find a different parish with an earlier mass.

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very concerned that the survey regarding the mass schedule only asked parishoners which mass they currently attend and which mass will they choose in the future, thus forcing them to make a selection they may not want. There was no place for other options or comments.

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See other bloggs on this website - father still will only have an hour in between masses. Also an interesting point is that will families send their children to CCD and go on to mass there by not having their children experience mass?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home