http://breakfastandbible.blogspot.com/

Saints Alive

A forum for the exchange of opinions and information about the life of St. Joseph Ctholic Church in Plain City, Ohio.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Mass Times Comments

Nothing affects Catholics more than any change in the Mass, including times. I really appreciate the comments already posted. I am looking forward to the survey results over the next two weekends. I am trying not to influence the results. The Liturgy Committee was prepared to offer a choice of schedules. A vote would likely have been inconclusive, 45/55%. I suggested they publish their recommended schedule and then we adjust based upon responses.

It is difficult to give everyone everything they want. Some want all the CCD classes on Sunday morning for convenience. Some want them on weekday nights. The newly formed Religious Education committee can consider that for next year. Scheduling a Mass on Sunday morning to accommodate the CCD program involves the question of the Eucharistic Fast. The classes almost always have snacks, so Mass first is a better choice. I asked the Liturgy Committee to consider one other problem, namely parents dropping children for class, going to Mass, and picking the children up afterwards with the children not getting to Mass.

We will consider everything. The only thing I say for sure is that the present schedule will have to change. 8:30, 10:00, and 11:30 does not allow me enough time between Masses to recover. One Mass needs to be in the PAC to accommodate the CCD classes.

4 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife and I would like to see the 4:30 mass at the PAC. It not only fits our schedule, but also accommodates parking which is minimal at the church and allows for restroom facilities. Neither I nor my wife are able to go to the church basement and this has caused some very uncomfortable moments distracting us from the mass. It's not so much a matter of timing, but our medications causes problems. Also, I don't know what the seating will be like at the PAC, but some seating without kneelers would also be appreciated.

 
At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fr. Pat: Thank you for caring enough about your congregation to gather feelings on the subject of the Mass schedule change matter. Ultimately, however, I feel that your own feelings as to a schedule change should be the priority. You are doing us a great service as Pastor, and you deserve a round of applause. As I stated before, I have my opinions, but am willing to go where the road leads. Let's keep praying and have faith that we find a schedule suitable enough for all. Thank you for all you do. We all love you. :-)

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How does having a mass at 9:00 and another one at 11:00 give you any more time in between masses - it is still an hour?

 
At 10:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anonymous:
Currently, Fr. Pat only has a half-hour between each Mass on Sunday morning. Mass are from 8:30-9:30, 10:00-11:00 and 11:30-12:30. If we have Mass from 9:00-10:00 and 11:00-12:00, that gives him an extra half hour between the Masses. I'm not trying to be a smarty-pants, but I'll pray that God sends a Math Angel to help you through your confusion. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home